4.1.09

One pelican

Back from GA, I woke up to a nightmare about a pelican, who tried to poke his way into our home.  The last time we saw a pelican was at Keyport, where my favorite summer 2008 memory of Dad is. What with the New Year finally coming around, I'd wanted to take a ride to Keyport & reflect on 2008.  And so we did . . . 

Having been distracted by Emi & Malachi in GA, I didn't have much opportunity to be sad which wasn't a bad thing.  I suppose little ones will do that for you.  Such blessings they are . . . 

As we walked along the promenade, I remembered Dad sitting on the pier in his blue canopy chair working on his sudoku.  Enjoying the summer bay breeze, he was so relaxed.  So content.  So simple.  And I remember his most important advice to Al & me, "Live a simple life."  

Maybe the pelican's poke was just letting me know . . . Dad's always in Keyport.