23.1.09

Falling stars

I watched people die tonight.  In a hospital.  At home.  I sat and wept. That's what sucks about watching TV. The drama on shows like Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice.

I looked for Dad.  I remembered what it was like to watch Dad die at home.  His urn sits in our home until Mom returns. It felt good to cry.

I reconnected with the head nurse at Bayonne Hospice on fb.  She happened to also be my school nurse many years ago.  She reminded me, "You and your family did a wonderful job . . . a gift of love for your Dad.  I'm sure you feel relieved and satisfied that you could accomplish what you did . . . I am proud of you and grateful to be a part of it."  She's right.  What a gift of love it was to have Dad die at home.  Thank you, Barbara.  

"Watching a peaceful death of a human being reminds us of a falling star; one of a million lights in a vast sky that flares up for a brief moment only to disappear into the endless night forever."  ~ Elisabeth Kuebler-Ross

Falling stars are beautiful, aren't they?