11.6.22

Morning rise

Yesterday was the last day of fourth grade for our gal. So emotional, I've worked with incredible effort to not let the madness of the world consume me alongside the deep exhale I've let go after the past two and half years working to stay healthy and sane as we negotiate learning how to live and learn in this ongoing pandemic. 

the morning grind
the aroma of kapeng robusta
as i press my coffee
i take comfort
in my rise and shine elixir
a necessary treat
amidst the pressure of our collective trauma
this covid pandemic
the endless gun violence
the light rain outside my kitchen window
greets me easily at the breakfast table,
reminds me to breathe
and moves my pen along on a wayfaring journey
as i struggle through my moving mist
and remember it is a brave and radical act of devotion
to set a tender intention and sigh
let me breathe only love
in this moment 
and watch how the tears fall and let go