14.2.18

Taking refuge

This past weekend, I attended my monthly day of mindfulness with my sangha. It is always a time for me to reboot from the month's madness. I used to fret that I could only make it to the Mindfulness Practice Center once a month and not on a weekly basis. The stillness itself carries an energy, and I take refuge in the sangha which reminds me that even the most challenging moments help me to refocus and reconnect to myself. 

The truth is, my sangha is the community of people who engage and support me in practicing mindfulness to bring about and maintain awareness. My sangha is also the lake and the woods, whose silence speak to me when I take my daily hikes and ground me in taking root. 
we are the leaves on the tree
we are the waves in the sea
we are the rays in the sun
we are the stars in the sky
we are one

Wishing you all kinds of love today and everyday. May you take refuge in wherever your community of the heart lies.