9.7.12

Meditation revolution

Day 1 of Yoga Journal's Meditation Revolution.  And golly do I need it!  I was wound up this past weekend. You'd think with three adoption homestudy visits in less than three years, a fourth one wouldn't bother A. & me as much.  Yet, it did.  We weren't anxious about the visit itself.  But the social worker's visit left us a  bit miffed given that we had to pay an updated homestudy fee, and the woman was in our home for all of 30 minutes.  Go figure. It is what it is.  We just have to do what we have to do to maintain our immigration status and keep our adoption paperwork updated.  Just super frustrating what the U.S. and Philippine governments make us do to remain in waiting mode for our child in the Philippines.  

In the midst of work deadlines, preparing for maternity leave.  Oh yes, and we're purging at home, making donations to Goodwill  as we organize what will be 'Milagro's' room. 

So I signed up for 28 days of daily meditation.  My intention is to be a part of a transformation that leaves folks feeling a little happier and freer (myself included).  My intention is for those in the world to be filled with pleasant thoughts.  A. joined me in tonight's 10-minute meditation.  As we listened to Sally Kempton's guided meditation, I felt my breath shift.  Took me a while, too, to shift myself into a comfortable sitting position.  Once I'd settled in, felt myself relax, and Sally's voice began to soothe my frenzied mind.  Before I knew it, the meditation bell chimed, and we were done.  

Even a short 10-minute meditation has the power to revolutionize what seemed like a manic Monday into a simply sweet night.