8.1.11

This love moment

I just returned from having lunch with my dear family friend, V., whom I've known since I was three years old.  While our friendship has waxed and waned through the years due to different places and mindsets we've been in our lives, there's no doubt that we have a love for each other as girlfriends.  V. used to live across the street from my auntie.  I did many weekend sleepovers at her house and she at mine.  Now she's just in the next town over, a mere 15-minute drive. And there's a chance she'll be moving even closer in the distant future.  


The introverted A. frequently asks me (who's extroverted) why I bother to keep in touch with friends with whom I share a past and perhaps nothing more.  Sure there are those whom we just bless and release.  But there's something to be said for connection and still feeling connected. While I may have less in common with friends I grew up with or other folks I knew from my formative years as a young adult, I still feel connected to some of them.  And if they still feel connected to me, why not make time to catch up . . . and reconnect?  


This love moment
i am loving awareness
because your heart touches mine
because my light connects to your star
i am loving awareness
as i breathe life into you breathe life into me 
aroha mai, aroha atu
love towards us, love going out from us
i am loving awareness


Inspired by Be Love Now:  The Path of the Heart.