6.10.12

Release. Accept. Shift.

When I encounter individuals or circumstances that I am unable to accept, it takes me a while to come to terms with the fact that I am coming head onto some kind of resistance . . . or moment of frustration (that lasts too long).  Maybe it's yet another change in the Philippines ICAB's (Inter-Country Adoption Board) adoption procedures or unwarranted advice from a more experienced mom (like my mother) . . . or what seems like uncontrollable crying from my newborn.  Whatever the case, we sometimes have a tendency to resist the person or situation that currently gives us anxiety, doubt, and grief.

What to do? Pause.

Spirit,
quiet my heart so that i may
release resistance
accept the present as it is 
shift my thoughts so that i might 
enjoy the gift of the moment

What more to do?  Keep trying.